Personal Care Assistants Part-time Job3 years ago - Aged care - Melbourne - 237 views
Menarock Life Aged Care Services is one of Australia's most trusted and respected providers of residential aged care. With 13 facilities located across Victoria, Tasmania and Southern New South Wales, Menarock Life's vision is to provide excellent care and quality lifestyle for our residents by creating an environment of continuous improvement whilst ensuring our team of highly skilled and engaged staff are well supported with ongoing development opportunities and strong leadership.
We currently have an opportunity for experienced and reliable Personal Care Assistants to join our team on a casual basis, at our Menarock Life Emmavale facility, a 50 bed home located in Lower Templestowe.
About the role:
As a Personal Care Assistant at our Emmavale facility in Lower Templestowe, you will assist residents in meeting their potential, providing quality personal care and supporting them to structure their day in a meaningful way. You will deliver the best possible care and support in all areas of daily living to ensure our residents’ wellbeing and comfort.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Deliver a consistent high standard of care to meet a range of individual resident’s needs;
- Provide support and care in all Activities of Daily Life (ADL) requirements;
- Provide accurate and timely documentation relevant to resident care;
- Consider the resident’s individual needs, stage of life, development and strengths to enable residents to engage with meaningful activities.
- Certificate III in Aged Care, Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing Specialisation), or equivalent;
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate effectively and compassionately with residents, families, employees and volunteers;
- Reliable, accountable with a strong work ethic
- Patience and a strong ethos of client service;
- Demonstrated ability to relate and converse with older people and have an understanding of issues relating to older people;
- Previous experience working in an aged care facility.
What we will do for you:
- Working in a trusted and values based organisation focused on quality and growth
- Working with an engaged and dedicated team of employees
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities
Successful candidates will be required to provide a current National Police check prior to commencement.
To apply for this tremendous opportunity offering a supportive and caring work environment please submit a covering and resume today!
APPLICATIONS CLOSE ON 14 JULY 2019