Cook needed for Five-star aged care Part-time Job4 years ago - Aged care - Melbourne - 1K views
WE BELIEVE RELATIONSHIPS CHANGE LIVES!
ARCARE TEMPLESTOWE (VICTORIA)
- Five-star aged care - Brand New Residence!
- Great working conditions, family friendly hours
- Working hours: Tuesday (07:00 - 15:00) and Wednesday (09:00 - 17:00)
- Reference number: #17750
Arcare Templestowe is a brand new aged care Residence due to open in April 2019! We will be offering permanent and sensitive (dementia) care, catering for 117 clients from a variety of backgrounds; including Italian, Greek and Chinese. Each client will have their own large private suite with individual bathroom and be able to enjoy our on-site boutique café, hairdressing salon, theatre and beautifully manicured courtyards.
Exciting opportunities are available to be apart of a new team and build the culture from the ground up.
With our first aged care residence constructed in 1997, Arcare is the largest private residential aged care provider in Australia. We currently have over 36 residences throughout Victoria, New South Wales and Queensland.
Beyond the luxurious surroundings of our residences, our clients are supported by our innovative relationships first approach to celebrating and supporting old age. This approach is driven by our Arcare values of Relationships, Uniqueness, Partnerships and Flexibility.
Arcare believes that care and support is shaped by the quality of the relationships and interactions between clients, families and employees. That’s why we are committed to supporting and valuing the wellbeing and contribution of all those involved in the caring relationship.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
- Demonstrate competency within your role to deliver optimum care including; menu planning, food storage, ordering of food products and supplies, food delivery and waste disposal.
- Assisting with food preparation in all areas of the kitchen following standard recipes and correct techniques.
- Maintaining cleanliness standards of the kitchen.
- Meeting all HACCP standards including completing required administrative tasks.
- Working at times with specialized equipment.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Relevant industry training - Certificate III in Commercial Cookery & Food Handling Certificate
- Previous experience working in a residential aged care residence or environment with complex diets.
- The ability to work in a fast paced and hands-on environment.
- Experience in hotels and banquet environments.
- Knowledge of food safety practices ACCP and OHS
- The ability to adhere to the Arcare policies and procedures at all times
If you would like to find out more about how you can become a part of the Arcare team visit our website – www.arcare.com.au/careers and follow the link to apply.
Due to the high volume of applications, only successful candidates will be contacted.
Arcare Templestowe is a smoke-free site. All applicants are required to undergo a National Police Record Check.