Senior Financial Accountant Contract Job5 years ago - Accounting & Finance - Melbourne - 749 views
- Immediate Commencement
- Great development opportunities with a growing organisation
- Work with inspiring, high-performing leaders
This large retail organisation boasts a strong profile as an established and respected brand offering excellent career development opportunities for motivated professionals. With a clear mandate for growth backed by a substantial investment commitment, this organisation is well placed to deliver impressive result over the coming years
The role will report to the Financial Controller and include the following responsibilities:
- Managing the day-to-day operation of the finance team, mentoring team members
- Responsible for maintaining the general ledger and preparing monthly trial balance work papers and submission of monthly results to Headquarters
- Responsible for the preparation of all indirect tax returns and payment thereof
- Responsible for generation and maintaining and review monthly management & OPEX reports.
- Providing commentary on variances vs budget and prior year.
- Responsible for generation of sales analysis reports - products/customers and review.
- Involvement in cost analysis and cost saving within the business.
- Streamlining of functions within the Finance department.
- Any other ad-hoc tasks as required
You will ideally come from a strong audit background from a big 4 chartered accounting firm. It’s likely you will be at Senior or Assistant Manager level. You will be CA or CPA qualified, have exceptional communication and written skills and have an excellent academic record.
How to apply
As this is a temporary contract you must be immediately available or have a maximum notice period of 1 week. Candidates in a permanent role with a 4 week notice period will not be considered. Please send your resume by clicking on "apply" button below or for further information contact Anna Growcott on 03 9982 8482