Accounting Manager Full-time Job5 years ago - Accounting & Finance - Melbourne - 0.9K views
We are seeking an experienced and personable Accounting Manager, Finance to join our team to play a critical role as key financial controller to provide high quality and timely financial reporting for the Australia/New Zealand team, reporting regionally.
The successful candidate will:
- Take ownership for all finance and accounting activities with a specific focus on Australian tax preparation and regulations.
- Act as company secretary and treasury function to monitor cash flow and review banking system.
- Oversee accounting function including financial and management reporting, tax, annual audit, cost control, financial planning and analysis.
- Prepare, review and analyse financial and management reports and ensure the accuracy and timely submission.
- Responsibility for financial/management accounts and general ledger systems
- Coordinate budgeting processes and prepare management reports on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Take ownership and maintain effective financial accounting controls and systems for Australia and New Zealand team
- Supervising accounts receivable and ensuring on track
- Supervisor and ensure the integrity of all internal and external audits
- Prepare and submit stator returns as required
- Support finance senior manager to provide experienced analysis and commentary to business decisions.
The successful candidate will oversee the financial accounting activity of the ANZ business, analysing and reporting monthly actuals, forecasts and plan as well as advising finance senior manager on a wide range of industry reports.
Skills and attributes, you will have:
- Professional accounting qualification (CA/CPA accountant) necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or other business related discipline (finance, accounting, economics etc)
- 8+ years of relevant experience in Finance/Sales Finance/Commercial Finance
- Experience in CPG, fashion or retail businesses preferred with supply chain
- Individual must be proactive, results oriented and possess the highest ethical and accuracy standards
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with varied levels of company personnel required
- Experience of managing direct reports critical, experience of managing in a matrixed MNC environment an advantage
- Willingness to work outside normal responsibilities to achieve desired results required
- Ability to handle multiple projects in a fast paced and complex environment with short deadlines
- Ability to communicate complicated matters clearly and concisely in both verbal & written formats
- Confidence in conclusions from analysis; ability to persuade others
- Expert Microsoft Excel skills and proficiency in all other Microsoft Office applications. Proficiency in Cognos a plus
Our purpose is to inspire wonder in the next generation to shape a brighter tomorrow.
We create the experiences that capture kids' hearts, open their minds and unlock their potential through play. As one of the best-known toy manufacturers in the world Mattel offers our younger generations brands that stimulate, educate and excite. Famous for some of the most iconic names of all time such as Barbie, Fisher Price, Hot Wheels, Matchbox and Thomas.
To apply for this position, please send your application to [email protected]