Kitchen Hand Full-time Job4 years ago - Restaurants - Melbourne - 477 views
Inspired by art, culture and local history, Rendezvous presents an unconventional fusion of new and old, offering a hotel experience that’s inspiring and creative. As a Rendezvous Team Member, you’ll help deliver on that promise. Guests are warmly welcomed and attentively looked after. Team Members are highly responsive and knowledgeable, as accomplished with giving directions to the theatre as they are with advice for that restaurant nobody’s heard of – yet. Rendezvous guests are well travelled, sophisticated and tech savvy, they don’t want ‘same old’, they want their hotel experience to reflect their world view, that a life well lived encompasses good food, art, design and architecture. If that sounds like your worldview too, we’d love to talk to you.
Rendezvous Melbourne are looking for an experienced Kitchen Hand to join the team and ensure that our high standards are upheld and maintained in all aspects of kitchen operations. This includes working as a strong team player and contributing to an environment of learning and professionalism within the kitchen. In order to be successful in the position the main duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Maintain a high level of workplace hygiene and safety in the kitchen and related areas
- Cleaning and maintenance of cooking utensils and cutlery used in the kitchen and/or restaurant
- Assist with the assembly and preparation of ingredients for cooking as required
- Cleaning of walls, floors, general kitchen work spaces and food storage areas including fridges, cool rooms and dry goods stores, ensuring that principles of food hygiene are being observed; report any hazards or problems to the Head Chef immediately
- Ensure cleaning equipment is maintained in effective working order, report any faults or repairs required to the Head Chef
- Assist and liaise with chef on duty with basic food preparation; grating, peeling, chopping, preparing batters, garnishes and seasonings
- Attend to guest requests efficiently, constantly striving to provide a superior customer experience
- Participate in scheduled training and development programs provided by the hotel, to improve self and departmental standards, as well as attend departmental meetings as required
- Follow hotel procedures with respect to grooming, performance and conduct standards, occupational health and safety, emergency procedures and all other hotel policies and procedures as detailed in the employee handbook
- Comply with work practices and wear protective clothing where it is necessary and has been provided by the establishment.
- Report all unsafe work conditions including broken equipment to Manager, Supervisors or Safety Committee representative
- Use safe manual handling techniques at all times and take a consultative role to assist in achieving a healthy and safe working environment
- Work cohesively in conjunction with the hotel's rehabilitation program
- Ensure all Food Safety Policies and logs are adhered too and completed daily
Big Picture. Big Opportunities
As a TFE Team Member, you’ll be part of a hugely successful Australian-based company. TFE Hotels is a leading international hotel operator and the fourth largest in Australia. TFE Hotels' brands include Travelodge Hotels, Vibe Hotels, Adina Apartment Hotels, Medina Serviced Apartments, Rendezvous Hotels and The TFE Hotels Collection including Hotel Kurrajong in Canberra.
It means opportunities to be creative, innovative and grow with the company across a wide network of hotel brands and locations, with generous team member benefits as well.
We aim to meet our customer’s needs with honesty, integrity and care. That requires a commitment to continuous team member training and development, succession planning and career guidance because we know it makes our hotels better places to stay. It’s working. With more than 50 years in hotel ownership, management and development, TFE has more than 2200 team members in 70 key properties around the world.