Chef de Cuisine Full-time Job2 years ago - Restaurants - Melbourne - 287 views
Chef de Cuisine
Do you have a passion for BBQ and smoked meats?
An exciting opportunity is available for an experienced Chef de Cuisine to join the team within the iconic San Antone.
A bit about San Antone's Heritage .... Born and raised in Compton, Kevin Bludso is a third-generation pit master and smokehouse King who owns L.A's best known barbecue joint, Bludso's BBQ.
The meat at Bludso's is cooked 'slow and low' on hand-picked woods and seasoned with a secret-recipe that Kevin learned from his granny, Willie Mae Fields, who taught him how to smoke brisket and ribs from the age of nine.
Kevin has now brought his unique smokehouse flavours to San Antone by Bludsos BBQ - exclusive to Crown Melbourne.
Reporting to the Executive Sous Chef, you will be required to train & mentor your team whilst liaising with a wide range of stakeholders including senior level management.
You will manage budgets and monitor financial targets, food and labour costs and other associated expenses effectively. Your advanced time management, organisational and delegation skills will ensure efficient daily kitchen operations for this unique restaurant.
What you need:
- Experience in a fast paced, high volume, a la carte restaurant
- Extensive experience with American BBQ and grill techniques
- Effective leadership skills including ability to train and mentor your team
- Ability to maintain high and consistent standards
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Strong understanding of food safety standards and HACCP
- Willingness and ability to work a rotating roster
What we offer:
- Competitive salary package
- Access to career progression and training opportunities
- Fitted Chef uniform provided and laundered by Crown
- Southbank location with easy access to public transport and discounted parking