Head Chef Full-time Job2 years ago - Restaurants - Melbourne - 298 views
Alfa Bakehouse is a modern institution with a deserved reputation for high-quality coffee, pastries and catering services with two established cafes in Seddon and Yarraville.
We are famous for its delicious pastries, both sweet and savoury, homemade pies, pasties and sausage rolls, spinach cheese filos, continental cakes and more.
Why Join Us:
- We support flexibility and a work-life balance for the right candidate.
- Be a core member and take charge of a well- established café.
- Collaborate and contribute your creative ideas within a supportive and friendly team.
- Convenient location with parking on-site and close to public transport.
About the Role:
We are looking for a qualified Head Chef to lead and inspire a close-knit and dynamic team in our Seddon location.
Our ideal candidate will be in the know of any new and upcoming food trends with strong managerial skills and the ability to influence a small team.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Create and develop menus and recipes for dinner and office catering.
- Management of labour scheduling/budget control.
- Maintain cost structure by improving BOH operations.
- Estimate food consumption and requisition for purchasing product.
- Train kitchen staff to effectively manage costs, maintain the recipe standards, and cooking/preparation procedures.
- Maximize the productivity of the staff while supporting them to improve skill sets.
Skills and Experience:
- Unrestricted working rights in Australia.
- Qualified and relevant experience.
- A positive, friendly and enthusiastic attitude.
- Previous experience managing a small team.
- The ability to excel under pressure with great problem-solving skills.
- Great teamwork and communication skills.
- Attention to detail and a passion for sustainability.
- Flexible availability to work across a 7-day roster.