Chef Full-time Job1 year ago - Restaurants - Melbourne - 287 views
- Two ongoing full-time positions available
- Brunswick and Doreen location
- Competitive remuneration package with salary packaging benefits available
About the organisation
We are a leading community support organization working alongside people to live the life they aspire to, their way, providing a broad range of support in Homelessness, Justice, Disability, Palliative Care, Early Childhood Intervention Services (ECIS), and Early Years and Education service areas. A career with us means you are part of an organisation making a real difference.
Click here to find out more about us!
About the role
The Cook will produce high quality food and beverage that is nutritious and appropriate to the children’s age and dietary requirements.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Planning weekly meal menus that meet the Education and Care Services Regulations.
- Preparing meals in adequate quantities that are nutritious and encourages positive eating habits for children.
- Preparing meals that meet the individual dietary requirements of children considering their growth and development needs and any other specific cultural, religious or health requirements.
- Performing safe practices for preparing, handling and storing of food.
Skills & experience include but are not limited to:
- A relevant trade qualification (e.g. Certificate III in Commercial Cookery)
- Safe Food Handling qualification
- Experience in food preparation and safe food handling practices
- A good understanding of dietary requirements to enable appropriate food preparation
- First Aid qualification
Please click on "Apply for this Job" to be redirected to our website where you will find our position description for this role.
For enquiries about this role please contact Robyn Khoury, Operations Manager Early Learning via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We offer a competitive remuneration package including an attractive salary, access to tax-effective salary packaging arrangements and supportive work/life balance provisions. MCM recognises the importance of investing in the training, learning and development of our employees.