Catering Assistant/Kitchenhand Part-time Job2 years ago - Restaurants - Melbourne - 183 views
Spotless is a great Australian success story.
With a staff force of 36,000, we provide integrated facility management services that create added efficiencies for businesses everywhere. You'll find us in diverse locations from airline lounges and major sporting venues, to city offices and army barracks. We have a strong presence all around Australia and New Zealand and we are proud of our people and our achievements.
If you are looking to make a positive career move, Spotless is a great choice for you.
We are currently seeking passionate and innovative Catering Assistant, Kitchenhand and Barista to provide our customers with a highly positive and efficient and professional Food & Beverage service
Based at our Clients' premises in Inner Melbourne , this role entails working in a fast-paced environment, often under high pressure. We are looking for a new team member to learn, adapt and become part of our Café family, where great service is our specialty.
This hands-on role will require you to work as an all-rounder, highly competent and confident in both front and back of house operations.
You will provide support and assistance to the Catering Manager, Team Leader and Chef in frontline food service, POS, Tea and coffee stations, sandwich making , food preparation and stock rotation.
- Food and hygiene certificate preferred
- Previous experience in a similar role with high volume output
- Focused with a flare and passion for customer service role
- Previous Hospitality experience (preferably at least 2 years) with either Catering Assistant, Barista and/or retail cash handling skills
- Retail customer sales experience
- The ability to make a fantastic looking and delicious tasting sandwiches/rolls
- Understanding of current food trends in retail food service in Melbourne
- Cash register, EPOS and Espresso machine experience and use under a high pressure environment
- Prior experience in a commercial kitchen, using slicers, food processors, combi ovens, knives etc..
- Food and hygiene food safety certificates preferred
- Great personal grooming, presentation and a confident and pleasant manner
- Excellent verbal communication and customer service skills
- A great memory for customer names and coffee orders
- Market leader in Hospitality services
- Great work/life balance, Mon-Fri roll
- Hands-on site training and support
- Inner Melbourne location/public transport and parking available
- Uniforms provided
- Environment that embraces a culture of great service, team work and customer interaction
Apply online now by clicking the 'apply' button.
Spotless is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australians to apply.