Housekeeping Manager Full-time Job2 years ago - Housekeeping - Melbourne - 307 views
About the business
We offer a small business attitude and approach with the resources, support and expertise of a large company. The success of Gian is built on the success of individuals. Our ability to achieve what we have is because our staff are driven, passionate and love what they do. Through our unique approach, we identify, foster and nurture the greatest strengths of our staff, and allow them opportunities and experiences through all aspects of business.
About the role
A powerhouse Supervisor, this is a hands-on role that suits a savvy, innovative, go-getter with loads of energy, positive attitude and with a hunger to succeed within a dynamic and fast-paced environment to be able to hit the ground running.
Leading from the front you will drive productivity, take ownership for maintaining and enhancing Hotel and Gian standards, whilst supporting, strengthening and developing relationships with the Housekeeping team and Hotel staff. You are a person that understand the needs and wants of our guests even before they know what they are.
Responsibilities include –
- Overseeing the cleaning of rooms and public areas ensuring through inspection that standards of cleanliness and guest comfort are maintained in accordance with Hotels and Brand standards.
- Establishing and maintaining cost control systems for staff, linen inventories, cleaning and guest supplies.
- Ensuring that room cleaning productivity is monitored closely and maintained.
- Liaising with Front Desk and Maintenance regarding readiness of rooms with attention to guest's special requirements.
- Effectively manage projects alongside the Operations Coordinator and suppliers to ensure the Hotel's needs are met.
- Training and Development of the Housekeeping Team.
Benefits and perks
There's the chance to shine in a brilliant team environment with the hippest new hotel in Melbourne– and bring your personality and sense of fun to work. This is a leadership role that will give room and scope to grow.
Your career in happy, innovative, edgy hospitality starts with Gian Hospitality!
Skills and experience
• Previous experience as Housekeeping Supervisor/Manager.
• Strong problem-solving skills.
• Excellent time management and organisational skills.
• Ability to work efficiently and professionally under pressure.
• Availability to work a rotating roster including weekends and public holidays.
• Strong eye for detail; an ability to follow procedures and set the standards for cleanliness.
• Full Australian work rights are essential