Cleaner St vincent's Hospital Australia-Melbourne Full-time Job4 years ago - Cleaning Services - Melbourne - 2K views
- Part Time Cleaner position (19 hours per week)
- Port Phillip Prison, Laverton
- Excellent benefits including salary packaging
About St Vincent’s Hospital
St Vincent’s Hospital Melbourne (SVHM) is part of St Vincent’s Health Australia and a leading teaching, research and tertiary health service which employs more than 5,000 staff across 18 sites throughout Melbourne. SVHM provides a diverse range of adult clinical services including acute medical and surgical services, sub-acute care, medical diagnostics, rehabilitation, allied health, mental health, palliative care, correctional health and community residential care. SVHM is one of Australia's leading Catholic not-for-profit healthcare providers.
About the Department
St Vincent's Correctional Health Service at Port Phillip Prison is a 55 bed accredited health service onsite, delivering primary, secondary and tertiary medical health care to prisoners at Port Phillip Prison, Laverton. Port Phillip is a maximum security male prison accommodating approximately 1107 inmates and is situated 20 km West of Melbourne.
About the Role
The delivery of efficient and responsive cleaning and housekeeping services across St. Vincent’s Health Correctional facilities, at Port Phillip Prison. To participate in the achievement of the organizations quality and service objectives.
Classification for this position will be IJ1 ($23.01 per hour/ $22,733 per annum at 0.5 EFT)
- Waste removal including general waste, clinical and sharps waste, recyclables and confidential waste as per waste management policies. Restock bins and sharps containers as necessary
- Floor maintenance including sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, scrubbing, polishing, buffing and steam cleaning of floors
- Detail dusting/damp wiping including all low & high reach areas including fixtures fittings, equipment, vents and walls and sinks
- Ensure a professional manner to all staff, patients and visitors by being courteous, respectful and helpful
- Understand the budget requirements of the ward/unit and ensure efficient and effective use of resources to assist in meeting budgetary requirements
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in cleaning preferably in a Health Care Environment
- Experience in floor care maintenance, including steam cleaning, polishing and buffing (desirable)
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Commitment to continuous quality improvement.
- Salary packaging
- Employee Assistance Program
- Staff Health Centre
- Staff Car Park
All appointments are made subject to the candidate providing a current satisfactory National Police Certificate conducted by The Victoria Police.