Room Attendant Full-time Job2 years ago - Hospitality & Tourism - Melbourne - 273 views
We are seeking an experienced Housekeeping Supervisor who is energetic, motivated and wanting to work with a fantastic team! This position is an entry level management role which is a great stepping stone to becoming an Assistant Executive Housekeeping. You will have direct involvement in managing staff performance and your primary responsibility will be ensuring the highest standards of cleanliness and service to our guests.
This role is based at The Swanston Hotel, Grand Mercure and the Mercure Welcome Melbourne (part of the Accor Group) in the heart of the Melbourne CBD. The business is currently undergoing an exciting refurbishment to become a 5 star Pullman property later this year so if you are interested in being a part of this exciting change and in helping us to continue to grow and improve our Housekeeping operations then this may be the role for you.
In this position your responsibilities will include:
- Allocating rooms to the team via the HOTSOS/ Rex system;
- Responsible for ensuring the induction, training and ongoing development requirements of staff are met;
- Assisting with rostering team members via our new rostering system Time Target;
- Conducting room checks and public areas to ensure our standards are upheld;
- Providing feedback and ongoing coaching with staff members to ensure they are consistently meeting our high standards;
- Ensuring the correct handling of lost property and guest laundry;
- Ensuring security of guest’s rooms and room keys;
- Liaising with the Front Office and Maintenance teams regarding “ready” rooms to ensure guests’ requirements are met;
- Ensuring VIP rooms have correct amenities as requested by the Front Office team.
To be successful in this role you must have:
- Previous experience within a housekeeping leadership position directly managing team members;
- Previous experience within a hotel environment is advantageous;
- Experience operating OPERA, Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Outlook;
- Confidence in utilising technology given the heavy reliance on HOTSOS/ Rex and Time Target within this position;
- Strong attention to detail.
If you think that you fit the above criteria and would like to join a fun, exciting organisation please forward you resume via the link below.
Please note, only applicants with full rights to work in Australia will be shortlisted. Due to the nature of the role we will not be able to consider applicants on student or working holiday visas.