Personal Care Worker Part-time Job3 years ago - Aged care - Melbourne - 248 views
James Barker House Aged Care Plus Centre
Personal Care Workers – Aged Care - Footscray
- Casual positions available - must be willing and able to work a variety of shifts
- Join a passionate and supportive team - Utilise your caring and warm approach
- Award winning not for profit aged care provider
The Salvation Army (TSA) Aged Care currently operates 2000 residential care places across 20 residential aged care facilities, seven retirement villages and a broad range of Community Care Services. As a leading faith based organisation, we take a person centred approach to care and are committed to meeting the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of each of our care recipients. At The Salvation Army we have a heart for people – a deep and powerful need to care for others. Our Better Practice and other international awards are a testament to the importance we place on providing the best care.
James Barker House is an aged care centre in Footscray that has the capacity to house 120 socially and financially disadvantaged persons, many of whom have long histories of homelessness.
About the Role
We are seeking a qualified and enthusiastic PCAs with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in residential aged care to provide optimal care services to the residents of our facility. Working within the mission values of The Salvation Army, you will be committed to the provision of innovative, flexible, responsive services within a strong quality framework.
You will have
- An appreciation of and the ability and willingness to promote and support the values and ethos of The Salvation Army
- Certificate III or IV in Aged Care
- Experience working as a carer in Aged Care
- Understanding of WHS and infection control principles
- Computer literacy and experience with documentation
- Excellent communication skills
- A commitment to continuous improvement
- Ability to work in a team environment
How to Apply
If you wish to bring your talents to a supportive but highly professional Centre community, apply online by following the steps below:
1. Click the 'Apply Now' button
2. Click the 'Register & Apply' button to complete the online form and application