PCA Part-time Job7 months ago - Aged care - Melbourne - 108 views
About the organisation
Established in 1983 as a retirement village with a reputation for excellence in Melbourne's south eastern suburbs, a Home Care service was added in 2013 that encompasses all areas of Melbourne, allowing clients choice and offering a personalised service plan that is tailored to client's individual needs and budget. From cleaning, shopping & gardening, to more specialist nursing & personal care, our clients are cared for and supported in their desire to live independently in the community, staying socially connected and empowered in their independence. Services are privately funded or covered by packages on a Commonwealth Government funded program.
As a professional Community Care PCA / Support Worker, you will deliver an exceptional level of care to elderly, vulnerable clients who wish to remain living independently in their homes and the community. We are therefore seeking staff that are very reliable, have a caring and compassionate personality, are flexible and willing to work with a wide range of people. Successful candidates will take pride in delivering a seamless, high quality service to their clients with a consumer directed care approach. Services you will be providing include:
- Providing personal care (showering, dressing & grooming and laundry)
- Providing help around the house (cooking & preparing meals, household tasks such as grocery shopping, washing & ironing)
- Help with pet care, gardening, travel & transport and social support
Skills and experience
To apply for this position, you will need to have at least 12 months experience delivering community support to elderly clients living in the community. You will also need the following:
- Qualifications in Certificate III Aged Care / EEN
- Current First Aid Certificate and CPR
- Victorian Drivers licence and a reliable car with comprehensive insurance (carers will be required to drive between client’s homes and transport client’s in your own vehicle)
- National Police check, dated within last 12 months
- Working with Children’s Check
- Must be available to accept shifts for at least FOUR DAYS PER WEEK between 7am - 5pm
- Bi-lingual skills are desirable, but not essential.
Work with a visionary, care focused organisation that is experiencing rapid growth due to its reputation for excellence. All profits are put back into the organisation to allow growth and benefits for the clients, residents and staff. A family friendly workplace is promoted, with support workers able to work remotely, using an app for rosters, care plans and documentation, with office based support and back-up always available.
A permanent part time position allows for regular, ongoing clients that you can form a positive working relationship with and make a real difference in their day to day lives. You will also receive holiday pay, sick leave, a roster that is at least 20 hours per week, with work in your local suburbs. The rosters are over seven days, so both weekday and weekend work is available. Rosters start at 7am and finish at 5pm, so if your prefer morning or afternoons, we can tailor a roster to suit your lifestyle.