Kitchen Hand Contract Job1 year ago - Restaurants - Melbourne - 323 views
Kitchen Hand - LUXURY BRAND
The Langham Melbourne is renowned for quality, timeless luxury and genuine service. Featuring 388 elegantly appointed guest rooms and suites, dining, meeting and function facilities, and the lavish haven –Chuan Spa .The Langham Melbourne reflects Langham Hotel International's philosophy of elegance in design, innovation in hospitality, genuine service and captivation of the senses creating a uniquely enchanting experience
The Langham Hotel Melbourne is currently looking for a part-time Kitchen Hand to join our team on a 6 month fixed term contract.
You will have the opportunity to work with the Kitchen department which consists of approximately 60 colleagues. This is an exciting opportunity for you to grow your Hotel skill set
Previous experience in a fast paced working environment will be highly regarded, along with demonstrated experience in large volume production cooking.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of cold food, slice cold meats, prepare cold seafood, cold sauces, salads, cheeses, breads etc.
- Prepare sandwiches and savouries for functions, snacks and dips for banquet areas and all cold dishes on the menu in the various restaurants
- Preparation and assembly of buffet food items
- Preparation and presentation of Colleague dining cafe
- Set up and pack down of buffet
- Ensuring food safety logs and requirements are met at all times
For this role, your attributes will be inclusive of the following:
- Strong Technical skills
- Previous experience in a large kitchen brigade, ideally within a luxury hotel or similar environment
- Proven organisational & time management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Team player
- Flexibility with various shifts
In return for your expertise and professionalism, you will be rewarded with hotel discounts worldwide, discount car parking, uniform provided and laundered, subsidised staff meals, and opportunities to learn new skills and grow your career.
These roles have the opportunity for growth. We are looking for the 'right' candidates, who lead by example and thrive on teamwork to ensure growth of the department!
If you think this is the right role for you, apply now! Come join our team!
HYGIENE AND GROOMING - Naturally in the service industry high standards of personal presentation, hygiene, grooming, and conservative hairstyles are of the greatest importance. This must present throughout the interview stage.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER – The Langham, Melbourne is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing diverse workforce and sustaining and inclusive culture.