Kitchen Hand Part-time Job2 years ago - Restaurants - Melbourne - 201 views
Kitchen Hand - Guardian Richmond
A position exists for a kitchen hand to work alongside the cook at our lovely 140 place centre in Richmond, helping to prepare nutritious snack & meals for children aged 0 - 5 years old.
Our resident cook plays one of the most important roles in our centre, making nutritional and tasty meals for all the children in our care.
Preparing meals, morning and afternoon tea this role is busy and at times challenging, sticking to strict deadlines, at the same time ensuring all food is nutritious and prepared carefully to ensure that all allergies are catered for.
Your role will be to effectively assist the Kitchen Cook, order stock, assist with cleaning and preparing meals for the children from scratch!
This is a unique opportunity to work with an experienced cook and gain valuable experience of running a kitchen in a busy centre. Future opportunities to progress into a cook role and manage your own kitchen.
- Strong work ethic
- Passion for cooking
- Experience cooking in childcare centres would be highly regarded but not essential
- Food safety and food handling qualifications
- As our kitchen is one of the first things you see as you enter the centre we are looking for someone who is confident to meet and greet all visitors
- Certificate 3 in Children's Services would be a huge advantage
Benefits of this Role:
- Opportunity to get creative
- Work and learn from an experienced chef
- Friendly and supportive community team
- Opportunities for further career growth with a growing company
This is an amazing opportunity to work alongside a passionate and experienced cook in a company that is on a journey of growth. If you've got a passion for nutrition and enjoy working with children we'd love you to join our team. Click .