Kitchen Hand/Cook Part-time Job3 years ago - Restaurants - Melbourne - 180 views
We are a wholesale food manufacturer with a production kitchen and warehouse in Mordialloc.
Our range of high-quality, gluten-free and vegan products are baked fresh daily and delivered to cafes and retailers across greater Melbourne and regional Victoria.
We are looking to grow our professional team with reliable, experienced kitchen support.
Roles and tasks include:
- Prepare and chop fresh fruit and vegetables
- Dishwashing (commercial dishwasher), cleaning and sanitising for end of day procedures
- Packaging and labelling finished goods
- Following detailed recipes to prepare dry ingredients mixes
You must have the following skills:
- Excellent knife-handling skills
- Experience in a production kitchen
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and commitment to handle and prepare food to Australian standards
- Ability to work independently and multi-task
- Passion for food
To be considered, your application MUST list specific tasks and details that demonstrate you have these required skills.
There will be some flexibility in hours (approx. 25 hours per week) - no evenings or weekend shifts. Please include your availability in your application.
Qualifications / certifications in Food Safety, Commercial Cookery is advantageous.
We will provide training and support to help the right person join our energetic, creative team producing an exciting range of healthy, boutique products.
Only successful applicants will be contacted. Applicants who hold a student visa are asked not to apply.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $18.00 to $20.00 /hour
- Kitchen: 2 years (Required)
- The candidate can work permanently with no restriction on hours (Required)