Kitchen Hand/Cook Part-time Job2 years ago - Restaurants - Melbourne - 319 views
About Urban Camp and the role
Urban Camp's vision is 'to provide schools and community members an opportunity to enjoy a positive experience in the City of Melbourne'.
The Camp brings together the country and city in a unique urban camping experience. Nestled in Royal Park, Urban Camp provides a quiet and comfortable base to explore Melbourne's cultural, educational and recreational attractions. With friendly staff and a supportive atmosphere, the Camp offers a haven for school, sporting and community groups visiting Melbourne.
The role is a key position at the Camp which ensures the catering needs of all user groups are met. Liaising with teachers and group leaders the successful applicant would easily understand the needs of each group to provide the best catering experience possible.
The position is a permanent part time role working roughly 25 hours per week which is averaged out over a 50 hour fortnight and includes occasional weekend work.
Job tasks and responsibilities
The primary purpose of this role is to:
- Prepare and serve large quantities of meals
- Operate commercial kitchen equipment including combi ovens, dishwashers, mixers etc.
- Assist in the detailed cleaning of the commercial kitchen and equipment
- Open and close the kitchen as required
- Adhere to Food Safety Guidelines as required
Job benefits and perks
- A professional and safe working environment
- Excellent employee benefits and entitlements
- Supportive and inclusive culture
- Close to Melbourne CBD and public transport
- Free Parking
Skills and experience
The ideal candidate will have:
- Ability to prepare and serve bulk meals to large groups on time and under pressure
- Thorough knowledge of Food Safety and Allergy Awareness
- Great communication skills and the ability to work quickly and decisively
- Ability to assist the Catering Manager with cleaning, stock control and other tasks as directed
- Ability to work some weekends depending on the needs of Urban Camp
- Understanding of and willingness to follow OH&S procedures
- Previous exposure to a commercial kitchen environment including equipment operation
- Positive can do approach along with being a team player
- Certificate in Commercial Cookery or equivalent would be advantageous
Working with Children's Check is necessary.
Applications close 5pm 19/07/19.
For a detailed position description and to apply please email and address your cover letter and resume to:
Chief Executive Officer