Food Service Assistant Part-time Job1 year ago - Hospitality & Tourism - Melbourne - 187 views
Cumberland View Aged Care Living is located in Melbourne's south-eastern suburb of Wheelers Hill. With a 25 year history of providing a high quality of care and services, Cumberland View Aged Care Living is an accredited Australian Government, Approved Provider.
The home offers ageing in place – low care, high care and dementia-specific services. We believe that residents' dignity, security, peace of mind and personal wellbeing are paramount. It is therefore our responsibility to maintain a relaxed and welcoming environment, and ensure that our residents always feel comfortable with the staff and using the aged care facilities available to them.
About the Position
The Food Service Assistant will be responsible for the safe provision of quality food and beverage services to our residents, ensuring the individual nutritional requirements and preferences of each resident are met.
The Food Service Assistant is required to perform assigned tasks and services in a safe and competent manner and will contribute to the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the facilities Food Safety Program. Other responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Preparation, serving, presentation and delivery of food and beverages in accordance with the Food Safety Program.
- Ensuring that the correct food and beverages are served to each resident according to their dietary/specialised nutritional requirements.
- Ensure a high standard of customer service including presenting in a professional manner at all times when interacting with residents during meal services.
- Provide assistance to residents when requested and escalate any complaints or concerns as necessary.
- Communicate effectively with residents, resident representatives and staff.
- Ensure that meals are delivered within a timely and efficient manner to ensure freshness and quality.
- Comply with company policy and HACCP Food Safety Standards including wearing of designated PPE when preparing and serving food.
- Ensure that the clearing of dining rooms, removal of food trays from residents’ rooms, and the washing of dishes and cleaning are in accordance with the Facilities Food Safety Program policy and procedure.
What we are looking for
The successful applicant will have the following skills and experience:
- Previous experience in Aged Care (desirable)
- Hospitality front of house experience
- Ability to read and interpret dietary information
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated organisational and time management skills
- Ability to comply with safe work practices and food handling practices
- A commitment to providing a caring and empathetic service to our residents while respecting their privacy, choices and cultural preferences.
- Values driven and willing to commit to and demonstrate the organisation’s values.
- A commitment to the principles of Workplace Health & Safety and ensuring a safe environment for residents and staff.
- Ability to build and foster strong working relationships and work well as part of a team.
- Commitment to ensuring resident needs are always met by being available and reliable for all rostered shifts.
If this sounds like you, don’t miss your opportunity to be part of a brand new team in a state of the act facility – Apply Now!
Please note, the successful candidate will be require to provide a valid police check.
Candidates must have Australia/New Zealand residency or valid working visa. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.