Cook Full-time Job1 year ago - Restaurants - Melbourne - 178 views
Woods & Co have paired with a dominant force within the grocery industry. As they grow and expand we are looking for someone with a great understanding within the industry who can communicate with not only their suppliers but so too their customers.
What's in it for you?
- Great hourly rate
- Monday to Friday 10am-7pm + weekend
- South Yarra location
- Onsite parking or close public transport
- Honest career progression
What do you do?
- Delivering exceptional Customer Service
- Set up workstations with all needed ingredients and cooking equipment
- Prepare ingredients to use in cooking (chopping and peeling vegetables, cutting meat etc.)
- Cook food in various utensils or grillers
- Ensure great presentation by dressing dishes before they are served
- Keep a sanitized and orderly environment in the kitchen
- Ensure all food and other items are stored according to food safety standards.
- Check the quality of ingredients
- Monitor stock and place orders when there are shortages
What do you need?
- Previous Food & Beverage experience is essential
- Proven experience as cook
- Experience in using cutting tools, cookware and bakeware
- Knowledge of various cooking procedures and methods (grilling, baking, boiling etc.)
- Ability to follow all sanitation procedures
- Ability to work in a team
- Very good communication skills
If you're as passionate about this position as we are then please don't delay and APPLY NOW! We are interviewing immediately. For a confidential discussion please call Tash Harper-Madden on 0466 271 382.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
*You will only be contacted if you are shortlisted.